The mission and objectives of the PhD doctoral study in field of Economics closely overlap with the mission and objectives of the University.
In accordance with the development strategy of the university, the PhD program aims to become the best and most innovative program in Kazakhstan and Central Asia. Achieving this vision is based on the implementation of the following development objectives for PhD doctoral programs:
• Development of educational programs for PhD doctoral studies in accordance with the world practice of training scientific personnel
• Ensuring a quality staff of teachers and researchers working on doctoral programs in economics
• Providing high-quality training for doctoral students aimed at strengthening the research competence of students
• Orientation of research of doctoral students of the PhD program to meet the needs of the economy of Kazakhstan
• Creation of a favorable research environment.
Doctoral studies on the PhD program in their activities are guided by the Laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan On Education, On Science, the State Program for the Development of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2020-2025, approved by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 27, 2019 No. 988; The state compulsory education standard of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Postgraduate education. Doctorate. Basic provisions. GOSO RK 5.04.034-2008; The rules for awarding degrees, approved by the Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 31, 2011 No. 127 and other regulatory legal acts regulating the educational and research activities of PhD doctoral programs.
Educational curricula for doctoral studies provide for fundamental educational, methodological and research training and in-depth study of disciplines in the direction of scientific specialization and are developed on the basis of benchmarking similar programs of leading foreign universities, taking into account Kazakhstani realities in the system of higher and postgraduate education.
The key difference between the doctoral programs of the university is the provision of an optimal balance and logical relationship between teaching and research activities of students, aimed at training scientific researchers corresponding to the world level.
According to the results of the national rating of the Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating (IAAR) in 2021, the doctoral educational program Economics, took first place among the doctoral programs of Kazakhstani universities.
• PhD in Economics - a degree that involves some contribution to science. You are doing what no one else has done before. It is your research that can become an important link in solving modern scientific issues, which cannot but motivate.
• A doctorate in economics will surely open up new career opportunities for you.
• If your area of research turns out to be interesting and promising for investment, you have every chance to put your research project on a commercial track. Often, the professional activities of doctoral students include not only scientific research, but also teaching at the university or, for example, business consulting for large companies. Doctoral students in the economic and social sphere are making great strides in business consulting.
• A PhD will allow you to qualify for a higher salary level. Ph.D. will be the most important line on your resume. In addition, you will be able to pursue a scientific career in postdoctoral research or teach at a university.
Obtaining a PhD degree in the direction of personal preparation:"8D041-Business and Management" "8D04102 - Economics" is the time that you will spend on personal growth.
The opening of the Dissertation council for the defense of dissertations in the direction of personal preparation: "8D041 - Business and Management", "8D04102 - Economics" at the L.N. Gumilyov ENU opens all the ways for you to develop science and obtain new competencies!